There have been many changes to the PA-API access rules.
We have created a free tool that you can use to test your Amazon Keys.
It will indicate the key status in red as …
- They are valid
- They are not valid with a description of the problem
- You have a quota restriction. This Amazon response will be “… you are submitting requests too quickly”
Prosociate works with any theme that supports WooCommerce (which is almost all). We have tested and reviewed a number of themes. Here is a list of our Top 10 favorite themes for both affilaite stores and authority sites.
To update Prosociate to a new release:
1)from “installed plugins” Deactivate and Uninstall the current version
2) from “Add plugins” upload and activate the new version
Your settings and campaigns will persist. Always a good idea to check for current backup before any upgrading.
WooCommerce version 3 is a major upgrade that Woocommerce strongly suggests planning, testing and backups. Many themes have issues with the new lightbox model, missing images etc. Other changes are affecting theme and plugin vendors. At this point we would recommend NOT upgrading until you confirm support.
We have three license options. A single server, unlimited personal servers, and an agency license:
1) Single Site – You can install and get support and upgrades for a single site.
2) Unlimited Personal – You can install Prosociate on an unlimited number of your own websites.
3) Agency Developer – You can install Prosociate on an unlimited number of your own or your client’s websites. Only you will receive support.
No extra charges … No annual fees. Other vendors have extra fees for maintenance and upsells required to use their product. We provide two plugins for Amazon & Ebay with lifetime updates and support.
For CSV import the file should be a list of asins and a header os “ASINS”.
Amazon requires that you acquire your AWS key by following the steps below. You can not just use an AWS key you use for S3 storage etc.
The Amazon key setup for new Amazon Associates has three parts: Associate Registration, API Registration and AWS key generation. It is important to do the steps in order.
1) Associate signup:
Select the Join now free button
2) Api signup & AWS keys:
After signing up as an Associate you need to get api access.
You can get these from the tools menu in your associate account.
WooCommerce recommends the following steps to increase memory/setup:
1. Edit your wp-config.php file and enter something like:
WordPress memory can be different to the server – you need to set this regardless of server memory settings
2. If you have access to your PHP.ini file, change the line in PHP.ini
If your line shows 32M try 64M:
memory_limit = 64M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (64MB)
3. If you don’t have access to PHP.ini try adding this to an .htaccess file:
php_value memory_limit 64M
Most support desks will easily be able to help with this.
Product Unavailable posting error
When you post Amazon products in Prosociate you may sometimes get an error that a product was unavailable and not posted. This can happen for a number of reasons:
1) Product is out of stock
2) Product is a variant (color, size etc.) – please select “import child products” option
3) E-products, kindle – for some external products the Amazon api returns 0 for the price. Please select import “free products” option
4) Price range filter – please note that the price range filter is in cents so 100=$1
5) Memory issues – if memory is exhausted during posting you may get the unavailable error. Please review the memory settings section of this faq
Sometimes at checking out carts from Prosociate to Amazon the cart will be empty. Often this is a result of caching plugins.
Your site’s checkout page should not be cached. Why? Because the information on that page needs to change frequently. Adding items to the cart, removing them, calculating cart totals, and all other functions of the checkout page need to reflect the actual state of the page data every time it is loaded. Otherwise, you can (and most likely will) receive unexpected results when it’s time to checkout.
If you are using a plugin such as W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache, or another similar plugin, you must configure it to avoid caching on the checkout page.
Hosting &Server Requirements are the same as those for WooCommerce. Here is a good article on recommended hosting for affiliate marketers.
- PHP 5.6+ (PHP 7 recommended)
- MySQL 5.6+
- Ability to install WordPress
- SOAP Client for PHP (included by default with PHP 5 and up – CURL can optionally be used)