Affiliate Marketing Programs for Beginners and Niche Marketers
What are the best affiliate programs for new marketers?
You are starting your affiliate marketing journey – congratulations. There are many hurdles along the way but stick with it and you can succeed.
The first few steps involve selecting the niche you want to focus on, creating your website and adding some content. You can use our keyword research tools for affiliates to help find the perfect sized niche. And our graphics article to illustrate those great posts Once you have your clean, good-looking, website and some traffic — you can decide what products to promote to your visitors.
What makes an affiliate program good for beginners & niches?
There are some key characteristics to look for in your first affiliate marketing programs:
- Easy to join – Some affiliate programs take all legitimate marketers. Others are very selective and require your site to have authority, history and a fair amount of traffic.
- A strong selection of products. This will be somewhat niche specific. You need to find products that resonate with your audience. You need products that your new site can write about and rank in Google and other search engines.
- Not ad-based. Some affiliate programs are focused on CPC, CP/PPV type affiliates. If you don’t know what those mean don’t worry. Basically, these are programs for people who want to drive traffic with paid ads vs. SEO and organic search traffic.
- Has Trust. You are new. Few know about your site so you have limited trust. Being an affiliate of well-known companies can benefit you.
Affiliate Programs --
Physical Product Affiliates
Software as a Service
Automated Affiliate Links
Let’s look at some of the best programs for new affiliates. Don’t try to represent too many products or companies. Particularly as a beginner you want to offer lots of valuable information to your audience – and a few select offers. You don’t want to spend all of your time managing affiliate programs and links. Do install PrettyLinks though it makes the management and tracking of links easier and it’s free.
Only recommend products you would buy with 100% confidence. It is easier to build a good reputation than undo a bad one.
Affiliate marketing is a viable way to make money online. You need to create an audience and then find great products to represent to them. Here are some key points to consider.
- Some advertisers are fussier than others when you deal with marketplaces like Rakuten or CJ and ShareASale. Many are near automatic if you have a legitimate site.
- Amazon’s program may not pay the best, but you will always be able to find obscure or mainstream products for your niche,. These are good conversation points in your content management strategy.
- For some niches, info-products like those found on ClickBank are a good fit. For many, there is a risk of being associated with sketchy products. Know your audience.
- Hosting and SaaS affiliate programs pay very well $100 and $200 offers are not unusual. These are a good category of offers to have in your affiliate portfolio. Content marketing topics can easily be developed around them for your niche …“My journey from shared hosting to wpEngine”, etc.